The following software packages are being recommended by Amplex for the purposes of removing and preventing virus and malware infections. Amplex does not provide support for these programs. Virus and Malware infections can be very difficult to remove and Amplex recommends that you only attempt to use the below software programs if you feel you have sufficent technical knowledge to do so. Some virus and malware programs activly fight anti-virus or malware removal software and these programs could cause your computer to stop working.
If you acknowledge the above conditions and would still like to view the list of software programs Amplex’s technicians have had positive experience with please read below.
Virus Removal / Malware Removal
Malwarebytes Anti-Malware – https://www.malwarebytes.org/
- MalwareBytes has a free version which provides malware and virus detection and removal. The paid version offers more real time protection and automatic updates but the free version is part of our our tech’s staff “must have” list for free anti-malware and anti-virus software.
Avast! Antivirus – http://www.avast.com/en-us/index
- Avast! Antivirus has a free version (Free Antivirus) which provides malware and virus detection and removal, browser cleanup and network security software. The paid version, Avast! Internet Security and Avast! Premier, offer firewall and anti-spam and anti-hijacking features. Our tech staff put this on the short list of recommended anti-virus programs to install.
Panda Cloud Antivirus – http://www.cloudantivirus.com/en/
- Panda Cloud Antivirus free edition includes a real time, cloud based, virus and malware scanner. Panda includes in the free version a web address safety filter and a behavior based analysis to detect suspicious program behavior. The paid version offers a firewall, virtual keyboard and enhanced public wi-fi protections. Panda may be a strange name for a product but it’s a name our tech staff often recommends.
HitmanPro – http://www.surfright.nl/en/hitmanpro/
- HitmanPro is a malware and virus scanner designed to give you a second opinion to verify your PC isn’t infected. A second opinion can be helpful because not all virus scanners detect all viruses and using a second program to verify your system is clean greatly increases your chances of not missing anything. The paid version offers the ability to remove any infections while the free version simply scans and notifies you of anything malicious on your computer.
- Spybot’s claim to fame is a fantastic anti-spyware engine that detects and removes the types of programs most often associated with identity theft or illegal monitoring. The paid version offers anti-virus and anti-malware components along with automatic updates.
- CCleaner is one of the most popular PC Optimization software programs available, largely due to its ease of use. There is a free version as well as a Professional and a Professional Plus version, both of which have free trials available. While this isn’t a virus remover it can be helpful in doing things like clearing internet history, uninstalling programs, and disabling programs which slow down the startup of your computer.